ABOUT SEASONAL RETREATS
Pasture Retreat, inspired by Psalm 23, is a holistic experience created for women to connect, listen and receive soul nourishment in a cozy, intimate environment.
REGISTER FOR A SEASONAL RETREAT:
Are you craving a weekend to receive hospitality of the heart, mind, and body?
Pasture was created for souls like you, who care deeply about others, who desire to experience God in everyday moments, and who long to be fully heard and unconditionally loved- struggles and all. As in, "If you knew my story, would I still be accepted?" At Pasture Retreat, the response is a resounding YES! Nothing about your story scares us. In fact, we welcome your in-process journey because that's where we experience Jesus' humanity, humility, and grace.
Women who are drawn to our retreats are often in a helper profession as a therapist, nurse or doctor, ministry leader, educator, creative, or entrepreneur. Many are in a caretaker role as a mom, grandma, or caring for an aging parent, and are intentionally choosing to come and make themselves a priority. They come in need of rest, intimacy with God, and to be the one taken care of for a change.
Bring your honesty and authenticity as we journey through Psalm 23 in our cozy, TN home. We offer grace and space to rest, reconnect to your authentic self & God, be known among kindred souls, savor thoughtfully prepared meals, and delight in creative expressions.
Pasture integrates awareness of God's presence, connection with others, and all-sensory soul-nourishment offerings. We offer this through the intentional posture of listening: listening to yourself, the Shepherd, and like-minded sojourners.
Untethered to a specific church or denomination, Pasture is rooted and facilitated through a Christ-centric, biblical approach. We exist to connect scriptural truth of what we know "about God" into a congruent experience of the Trinity as we soak in Psalm 23 throughout the weekend.
We intentionally usher our "small is sacred" group through the beloved 23rd Psalm by offering space to listen and reflect on the central question: where do you presently find yourself in the pasture?
Is the Shepherd inviting you to lie down? Is He restoring your soul? Maybe you're in a dark valley? Or, are you in a season of celebrating at the table?
The truth is that we experience each part of the pasture - possibly multiple times throughout our life- and the Shepherd is always present. His gentle invitations come through rest, comfort, preparation, hope, and healing.
This unconventional retreat is a gift to you! Tears, laughter, creativity, rest, delicious flavors, and healing are yours for the receiving as we sit shoulder-to-shoulder and offer compassionate with-ness.
- Holistic soul-nourishing invitations that integrate all your senses.
- Psalm 23 reflections from multiple biblical versions.
- A home concert.
- Experiencing belonging within a safe, intimate group
- Home-made meals featuring local flavors and sips.
- Listening and story-sharing.
- Confession, forgiveness, and truth-healing.
- Space to BE where you are.
- Intentional time to rest and refill.
- Celebration Dinner around the table.
- Tears and laughter.
- A deeper awareness of how to listen to yourself, God, and others.
- Confidence in God's presence as you move forward.
Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, you are free to receive grace & space!
Pasture Retreat embodies Philoxenia: The love of strangers; an eager act of hospitality and welcome.
- At Pasture Retreat, we offer no bows or solutions, for we trust the truth that God is doing the interior work in each of us.
- Rest and freedom occur when we show up as our truest selves to be known from the inside out.
- Listening is healing.
- An intimate "small is sacred" size is maintained for the purpose of a brave space, trust, and intimate connection.
Do you wholeheartedly and bravely agree to the following...
- To come as I am into this safe space to listen to God, myself, and one another.
- To use this sacred time to process, pray, and pay attention to where and how God is moving as we soak in Psalm 23.
- To come open to experience the trinity in new, out-of-the-box ways as we identify with the love of God, the humanity of Jesus, and the mystery of the Spirit.
- To leave my title(s), church association/denomination, or anyone's story but my own at the door.
- To listen mostly, speak slowly, and love lavishly, realizing I will hear others' pain, grief and possible trauma. What is shared at Pasture is held with non-judgmental confidentiality and respect.
- To refrain from fixing, offering advice, problem-solving, or bow-tying. Grace and space is our mantra.
- To honor where I am in my pasture (Psalm 23) and trust that my journey is unique, necessary, and valuable to the slow, deep work God is doing within me.
- To learn how to care without carrying.
- To acknowledge this retreat is an experience, rather than an event or bible study.
- To share my story in real-time, knowing it's not a testimony, nor do I have to catch anyone up. This is my time to be fully heard and unconditionally loved.
6:30pm | Arrive at the whimsical Pogue Abode for a warm welcome, meet fellow retreatants, enjoy charcuterie & wine and a creative experience. Evening closes with a home concert. Overnight lodging is on-your-own.
- 9:00am | Breakfast & coffee/tea in the Pogue Kitchen.
- Story Sharing experience
- Confession & a Truth-Healing experience
- Enjoy a few soul care hours.
Stroll through Historic Leiper's Fork, enjoy local coffee at Fainting Goat, savor the views at Arrington Vineyards, or tuck away at a bookstore. When was the last time you carved out time for yourself?
- 6:30pm | Gather back for Celebration Dinner around our table with a seasonally curated feast made by Bekah's incredible husband, Chef Bryan.
- The evening closes with a Pasture Blessing & dessert.
- Pasture Retreats are currently held biannually (Spring & Fall) at the Pogue Home in Nashville, TN.
- Retreats are a form of group spiritual direction.
- Pasture alumni are welcome to co-host a Pasture Retreat in their hometown to deepen in-person connection within your own community.
- Alumni are invited to Pasture Reunions.